Our vision is a Haringey where everyone over 50 can love life in a borough that treats them fairly, positively, equally, supportively and with respect, enabling them to live fulfilling, connected, active and independent lives.
To provide opportunities to make life in Haringey a fulfilling and positive experience for people over 50, reducing isolation, loneliness and inequality, and providing the right support at the right time for all over 50s whenever they need it, so that they can retain independence in their own home and achieve their hopes and aims regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, disability, class, religion or belief, or HIV status.
- We help people to feel connected to others, enabling them to live fulfilling, active and independent lives.
- We help people to achieve their objectives, developing our support by responding to their personal hopes and aims.
- We involve people so that they are active participants in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of our service offer.
- We strive to build a Haringey where over 50s feel comfortable, safe and secure at home.
- We help people to understand, protect and sustain their mental health and wellbeing, introducing the elements that build resilience into everyday life.
What you can expect from us:
We treat everyone equally and with respect, ensuring that diversity is valued and equality of opportunity promoted.
- We are warm, approachable and reliable, and act with understanding and sensitivity.
- We are open to test and learn positive approaches to resolving issues faced by over 50s.
- We are informed and inspired by over 50s.
- We respect and value the skills, knowledge and diversity of our staff and volunteers.