Haringey Over 50s Forum (HO50s) is an advocacy group for the older people in Haringey. They exist to give a collective voice to older people and to ensure that their voice is heard by those who make decisions about services used by older people in Haringey.
Anyone who joins Haringey Circle automatically becomes a member of Haringey Over 50s Forum.
The Forum uses meetings, a website (www.ho50s.org.uk) and newsletters to provide Forum members with information on changes that might be happening, both locally and nationally, to services for older people or to services that might be of interest. It also influences the way in which services are run. It welcomes all older people from all backgrounds and is an excellent way of meeting new people.
- Inform you of local developments.
- Raise issues with Haringey Council and the London Assembly.
- Help shape NHS services in Haringey.
- Give you an opportunity to make informed choices.
- Participate in events and discussion groups.
- Help improve the quality of life of over 50s in Haringey.